On the east side of the stream is J.W.Rossman’s paper mill, in a substantial brick building, 46×157 ft. It has been operated in its present condition since 1862 and a paper mill since 1846. Before that time the site was operated by bleaching and white lead works. It is capable of producing 1400 reams of wrapping paper per day. Twenty five hands are employed.
Mr. Rossman also controls an excellent water power on Kinderhook Creek below this point. Taken from Capt Franklin Ellis’ notes dated 1878